Wednesday, October 3, 2012

[VIDEO] "Eat - Pray - Love" ...still!

One of my favorite films of this year was "Eat - Pray - Love"

Perhaps it was the epic scenery, individual character development, or just because I happen to like Julia Roberts, "Eat - Pray - Love" happened upon my life at a time when I was standing at a crossroads-- looking, searching, needing to explore 'the' inner self.
 
The film did not disappoint...!  Watch trailer now   
    

Long before Mark Zuckerburg was roaming the halls of Harvard, I was fortunate enough to work as membership director in a metropolitan city for the pen-pal organization International Pen Friends, based in Ireland.  Zuckerburg hadn't blessed the world with his talent, and so pen pals used that old fashion thing called snail mail to meet people.  You remember the concept of pen to paper, an envelope and a stamp, don't you?

Then came something called electronic mail and in a flash-- communication was sent across bodies of oceans and vast land masses in nano-seconds!  Times have indeed changed.  Social sites keep us glued together hours-on-end, mesmerized in front of a screen one-tenth the size of a portable Zenith.

I've not forgotten my travels by mail and the friends I met along the way.  One of these days, I pray that I'm fortunate to get to see the countryside where I once wrote to people who lived in faraway places-- Algeria, Malawi, Brunei, the Christmas Islands, Indonesia and even Iceland. 

'Til then, I'll keep reading inspirational works like "Eat - Pray - Love" from Elizabeth Gilbert and loose myself in YouTube videos featuring music from around the world.

Gotta go... Asia and Africa are calling via video below.



P.S.  Just in case you haven't bought Elizabeth's book "Eat - Pray - Love", you can buy it on Amazon from the link below.  Available in paperback | Hardcover | Kindle | Audio... all forms of media.

No comments:

Post a Comment